Battle of Sacramento, Kentucky Page5

Photos/text courtesy of Richard Edling, Philadelphia, PA
For any use of these photos contact
Webmaster

Page1   Page2   Page3   Page4   Page5   Next

   
 

(October 2008) Enlarge Marker at Tour Stop-9

(October 2008) Enlarge Other side of marker in previous photo

   

  

(October 2008) Enlarge View of the Lock and Dam from the bridge

(October 2008) Enlarge View of the Lock and Dam from the bridge

     
 

(October 2008) Enlarge Tour Stop-10: Griffith-Franklin House - Crittenden's Headquarters
 
Union commander Thomas L. Crittenden made this house his headquarters when he arrived to protect the Lock and Dam Number 2 in November 1861. The house was built in 1854, by the heirs of John Calhoun, for whom the city is named. It was purchased by W.W. Franklin in 1859

On February 9, 1862, Crittenden and his troops left the area. This house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975. Located at 390 Second Street, corner of Poplar in Calhoun

   

Sacramento Page1   Page2   Page3   Page4   Page5   Next

Sites by State Home         Site Index